"Let's just turn on EDI for this new Trading Partner it should only take 5
minutes right?"

"We bought this new fangled EDI Translator it will take care of all this
application data and store all these application cross reference tables and we
the application will get a straight file exactly the way we need it. So EDI
can look up new item codes, freight codes.  Store customer PO numbers, Ship
to, Bill to, Order Numbers, Pick best shipper, Calculate shipping costs to
return on the turn around document."

"Well you are supposed to know the difference between the same delimeter in a
comment field and one that is element seperator even though they are the same
character.  Just look at it."

  While we're at it, why do some people spec ISA Version 2000 with a GS
Version 4010?  Because only some Docs are being updated from 2000 to 4010 and
there could be a mix of 4010 and 2000 GS's in one ISA?   Which would lead to
the next question of would a 4010 ISA and 2000 GS be invalid?

Thanks,
-Steve

---------------------------

William, et al.

Do stupid EDI stories include Advance Ship Notices that arrive after the
shipment?

Alan Kotok
Director, Education and Information Resources
Data Interchange Standards Association
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+1 703-518-4174
** DISA's E-Business and Internet Conference, 7-9 March 2001, in San
 Francisco.
http://www.disa.org/conference/annual_conf/index.htm **