I very recently met a a cellular MNC, who were already mapping their
business data (roaming call record info) to an ASN-1 document and sending
the ASN-1 document to other cellular company (I believe, exchanging ASN-1
document for roaming data is common among cell companies ) and they were
doing B2B...

They wanted to map their ASN-1 document to an EDI message for sending it to
the other cellular company...

Please note, ASN-1 here is Abstract Syntax Notation 1...

Thanks,

Ajay