In EDIFACT message IFTMIN version D.99A, I wish to send email addresses.  I have found, using Foresight's Analyzer tool, that the UNOA and UNOB character/syntax sets throw a warning at the "@" sign in the email address.  Using the combination of UNOC and UNA segments, the message is making it through Analyzer without a warning.  The final check of running the data through our translator has not occurred.

As I am not very familiar with EDIFACT, are there other ways to use special characters in EDIFACT messages without generating syntax warnings?

Thank you,

Paula Cadle