Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: Element Separators

Linda

Whether you use X12 or UN/EDIFACT you need to run some kind of program that will ensure that any characters that are used as separators are removed (X12) or escaped (EDIFACT),  Or of course you can use a non-printable character as a separator or not allow users to input separator characters in your internal database.

But any good translator should have failed on the outbound for that document.

Dwight