>> We all know in practice that the 997 is used in this way 90% of the time.
(This is referring to the practice of using 997s to report non-compliance
with an IG.)

Can someone cite some major companies that do this?  Maybe my experience is
biased but in working with dozens of multibillion dollar organizations in
manufacturing, retail, utilities, automotive, and state government, I do not
recall a single instance where this is done.

Jim Divoky