<snip>
> One of the strengths of the UCOP list has been the wide acceptance of
> different views. There is little chance of this continuing with a list
> hosted by a "vested interest" such as DISA,
</snip>

Ken,
Is it possible you believe DISA would secretly moderate the content by not posting
anti-EDI content? Or would people who have such views be afraid to post them?

Here's an issue: Yahoo is a commercial enterprise - more likely to screen content than
a non-profit organization like DISA.
DISA's resources are dedicated to the data interchange problem space...I think they
want an open forum...that's how we improve the solution. ;^)

Jkw