From: Ken Steel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 8:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Join the New EDI-L List at Yahoo! Groups

> Your suggestion that DISA consider hosting a new EDI-L list is a good
> one......hello Alan Kotok or other DISA people on this list. What do
you
> think? DISA already hosts other lists that support the work of many of
the
> X12 subcommittees and their work groups plus the XML-EDI list. I would
> strongly support DISA hosing the new EDI-L list so that I can kill the
Yahoo
> ids I've had to set up.

Rachel,

One of the strengths of the UCOP list has been the wide acceptance of
different views. There is little chance of this continuing with a list
hosted by a "vested interest" such as DISA,
but yahoo probably would be free of this constraint.

The opposition to Yahoo is rather surprising. Why not give it a go until
there is evidence on which to make a decision?

BTW, I have just registered for the list and it seems to be working OK.
The other registrations that everyone seems unhappy with are not
necesary.

Regards,
Ken
--
Ken Steel                ICARIS Services
Email:                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]