Mike

> Second, Mr. Werheimer, I'm throwing down the gauntlet - put up or shut 
> up.  It's very easy to sit outside and criticize the way others run an 
> organization.  But, I don't see you or your company listed as members of 
> X12, even though it appears that a substantial portion of your company's 
> business is built on use of the X12 standards.   At the very least, you 
> could support these standards through relatively modest company dues.  Even
> better, you could contribute time.  When you have demonstrated your commitment
> thusly I think you might find others to be more sympathetic to your complaints. 
> You can find a membership form at:
> https://warlock.disa.org/apps/memberservices/x12/X12MembershipSection1.cfm

I use the Internet, email and telephone system without paying a 'membership' to 
W3C, IETF or ITU.
In fact, the internet has thrived and grown precisely because these standards 
are freely available.

I don't want to become a member of an organization that uses volunteer labour 
and considers charging $10,000 for a machine readable copy of their 
specifications.

I am not interested in supporting an organization that is able to spend $38,000 
per month for 'occupancy'.

If the company is run as a not-for-profit, I would expect that the income not 
be squandered on plush offices and whatever else 'occupancy' covers.

I would expect that there would be some kind of arms-length relationship 
between the various entities.  

Yes, a large part of my business is dependant on the X12 standards, as well as 
dozens of other standards.

I am doing what I consider is useful.
I am collecting links to free resources on the Internet so that other people in 
the EDI field can find the information they are looking for.  
I help people when possible and encourage the use of EDI in business.

If my comments have hit a sore spot, then too bad.  It was not my intention.

I am tired of seeing my clients being forced to pay outrageous fees for 
services and products that they have no need for.

Earl Wertheimer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.spe-edi.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, 
<LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to