> ....: an annual fee of $1000 per year,  for three years,
> for the privilege of doing EDI with this particular  company.

> How do companies get the idea that they can get away with this sort
> of stuff?

"In Theory" anyway, it's possible accepting electronic POs from and sending 
electronic invoices to this customer will save the seller more than 
$1000/year, making it a smart investment.

Of course "In Theory" you could rebuild the Golden Gate Bridge using only 
kitchen matches and Elmer's Glue.

DISCLAIMER: I have not read the text of this alleged invitation. I've been 
in the EDI business for 20+ years and I've never heard of a buyer trying to 
impose a fee on a seller for USING EDI... to the contrary, I have heard of 
fees for NOT using EDI. Methinks I'd re-read the invite, slowly this time, 
even moving my lips if necessary.


Michael C. Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.
Racine WI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]








...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities. Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; 
communities. is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to