Tell them "the purchase order is in the mail ... but don't miss the ship 
date."

Representing several manufacturers over the last year I've seen such 
fees, but not
that much!  I see a chargeback in your future.

Kevin Ross wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> The subject of this posting is from a pretty much standard EDI 
> trading partnership agreement that I came across this morning, 
> except that it wasn't very "Dear" and I can see where the "Valued" 
> part of it is coming from. It was basically an invitation to 
> establish an EDI trading partnership between a buyer and supplier 
> for the transfer of PO's, ASN's, & Invoices. However, the TPA had an 
> interesting item in the appendix: an annual fee of $1000 per year, 
> for three years, for the privilege of doing EDI with this particular 
> company. (No, not for any EDI services rendered or anything, just 
> fees that had to be paid by the supplier, to the buyer.) 
>
> How do companies get the idea that they can get away with this sort 
> of stuff? By posting this here I am naively hoping that some sort of 
> group action will prevent this activity from spreading, but on the 
> other hand I fear that I'm just giving more people worse ideas.
>
> I'm not even involved in the project yet but I'm wondering how to 
> explain to a potential new EDI participant that their buyer is 
> asking them to do something that isn't usually done (or has this 
> been tried elsewhere?) It might just be part of the cost of doing 
> business with this customer, but this customer seems to be more 
> interested in a cash grab to help fund their operation.
>
> I agree that business is business, but extortion is extortion too.
>
> <Rant>
>
> Isn't all this counter productive to the ideals of an EDI trading 
> PARTNERSHIP anyways? Where is Congress when you really need it? 
> Isn't there some sort of Better Business Group that should be 
> helping to prevent the "Gouge the Supplier" Game? Should there be? 
>
> </Rant>
>
> I'm not mentioning any names yet so as to protect the guilty, but I 
> do know that at least one of this company's employees has posted to 
> this list before. Maybe with some appropriate feedback they will 
> recognize the error of their ways and they will start sending out 
> just the TPA's, and leave the Appendix in the dustbin where it 
> belongs.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin Ross
> Montreal, Quebec, Canada
>
>
>
>
> ...
> Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
> <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
>
> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> 
> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
> Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities. Links
>
>
>
>
>   

-- 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Brian Lehrhoff, EA ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Messaging Consultant  201-913-4506

Upgrade your Quickbooks for 20% off at http://ea.brianlehrhoff.com
Circular 230 Notice is located at http://ea.brianlehrhoff.com/230notice.html
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Something is new at Yahoo! Groups.  Check out the enhanced email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities. Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; 
communities. is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to