In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Bob Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> For those who may at some time be called upon to
> testify on statistical matters, it would be
> worthwhile to find a way to view Hengartner's
> testimony. It was one of the better such that I
> have seen -- for instance, his explanation of the
> difference between association and causality was
> clear and properly suited to his audience, and his
> tactics in resistance to a hypothetical
> contingency table analysis was artful.

I was also impressed by Hengartner's testimony. I must say that I do not
think very highly of Laurentius Marais, who was the witness for the Bush
team.

After posting the original message, I watched a rerun of the testimony.
These are the undervote percents for the presidential race.
                 Percent
                 Undervote
optical ballots    0.3%
Palm Beach         0.8%
Miami-Dade         1.6%

Of these undervotes, the manual recount yielded the following percents
where the intent of the voter could be clearly discerned: 26% in
Broward, 22% in Miami-Dade, 8% in Palm Beach.

I noticed that, in Washington State, the thorough statewide recount for
the US Senate race was completed several days ago. It is unfortunate
that Florida has such convoluted and contradictory election laws, which
have allowed the Bush campaign to block the complete statewide recount
that is needed to determine the Florida winner.

Domenico Rosa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.