I look forward to that next release then. I use the pop3scanning which seems
to have issues as well as the dans guardian content filtering which uses
squid and has reported problems.

Just a side note for Duke. You are getting 20MB down? That is amazing. Is
this standard in australia for most high speed?

On 5/24/07, DukeOfAwesome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Peter Warasin-2 wrote:

> Does the traffic go through the proxy?

Yes it does.

Peter Warasin-2 wrote:
> Then it is quite normal that there is a throttling effect. Requests need
> to pass the stack up to the application layer in order to get processed
by
> the proxy, which is also ressource and time consuming. Squid is not that
> fast. Also if you have enabled contentfilter and/or antivirus, it will
> slow down the connection. However, next release contains an upgrade to
> 2.6, which is way faster.

I wasn't aware of that and hopefully the 2.6 version will rectify the
problem. Do you know when this is scheduled for release?

I have disabled the anti-virus and don't use the content filtering
whatsoever.

Peter Warasin-2 wrote:
>  Anyone know of restrictions placed on the Community version?
>
> I dont know of any restrictions. But anybody is invited to make sure for
> itself :-)
>
> peter

Peter, I was not suggesting that you guys were deliberately throttling the
community version and I do apologise if it came across like that.
:respect: