Don and All,

I too was referring to the -3db to -6db  point down from  the top of the
passband level (the scale and extraneous ripple makes it hard to be
accurate.    After initially setting the filter -3db to -6db at 300Hz the on
air adjustment moved the filter to -3db to -6db down at 500Hz, more like
Tom's plot.   For my set and my voice setting the markers at 500 and 2700
produced a better sounding signal.

I made the comment to the reflector because I wondered if this might have
also been the experience of the original query and to flag that I had to
move my filter 200Hz as is suggested in the assembly manual.

Excellent information comes out of this reflector on a whole range of
subjects.   I think you, Don,  are very patient with all the repetitive
enquiries about filter alignment which come up and you quietly give your
good advice and information from your well set up website.    I enjoy your
contributions.

Warm Regards

73s,  Nigel ZL2DF