Guy:

I am admittedly not a CW maven, I'm sort of a CW "duffer", but your comment
kind of baffles me:

---------
At this point, I have no means of duplicating that in the K3.  This is
NOT the same as running narrower bandwidth.  If I narrow bandwidth,
then I don't hear the off-frequency callers, some of which are closer
to the up or down stations than me.
-----------

"Dual PB" (press and hold XFIL) allows one, as the manual says, to "focus"
on a given signal that is matched to the sidetone frequency while hearing
other callers above and below that frequency at reduced level (the
"context").  Doesn't that do what the waveforms described on AB4OJ's website
depict?  It works that way for me.

Or, I could patch my decades old Autek QF-1 into the audio path and peak
audio tones to my hearts content.

What else is required to accentuate a CW signal better than the tools we
have on hand?  A "pitch" control option like Icom Pro series rigs have
(which I ALWAYS seem to forget to reset when I use it!)?  If so then put in
a way to restore it to "normal" like the CLR button for RIT/XIT.

I'm all for options!

-lu - w4lt-

Message: 10