On 1/10/2011 5:42 AM, py5eg wrote:
> Has someone tested for yaesu rigs? What are the results?

Yes. A few months ago, I made a simple adapter to connect a CM500 to an
FT1000MP for use at PJ4A. I checked it out with the MP that's still on
my shelf (and for sale), and got critical on the air reports from a
nearby super contester.

The CM500 works just fine with the Yaesu, and sounds great.  No
adjustments needed for headphones. For the mic, you will need to set the
mic gain VERY LOW to avoid overdriving the Yaesu's mic input. This does
NOT imply anything bad about either the mic or the rig -- it's just that
the mic is "hot" and the MP has plenty of available gain to accommodate
mics that have very low output.  And, as with any mic and the MP (or
it's descendents), you need to carefully select the TX DSP that does the
least damage to the audio. But if you DON'T turn the mic gain way down,
or if you don't select the right DSP, the audio will sound just awful
(like far too many SSB contesters). :)

73, Jim K9YC