I also noticed this, and it was quite pronounced. In my case, the higher
output tone resulted in higher output than the pwr control setting. It
seemed the lower output tone produced the output the K3 was set for, but
the higher output tone was about 10% higher. I was operating FSK. When I
switched back to cw, output was normal (as set). I compensated by
reducing power setting accordingly, running about 75 watts during the
RU. As this was my first time to use the K3 in a RTTY contest, I was
monitoring everything very closely. Though the fan ran often, PA temp.
never got above 46c. Current varied with modulation as well.

Bob K5SM