On 1/25/2011 3:08 PM, Bill W4ZV wrote:
> I enjoy operating QRP from portable sites using makeshift antennas but I
> give 99% of the credit to the guy on the other end.

I strongly agree.

> 73,  Bill
>
> P.S.  I run 1.5 kW on Topband but always get a thrill working QRP callers.

Same here. I have a lot of land, lots of nice antennas, including
Beverages, so I can hear pretty well.  I particularly like the Stew
Perry contest, where you get extra points for working QRP stations, and
the ARRL DX Contest, where the DX station sends his power as the
exchange. Each year, I'm pleasantly surprised to work a fair number of
5W and 1W stations from JA on 80M and 40M!

I'm a member of NCCC, one of the top contesting clubs, and one of our
recent Presidents, N6WG, ONLY runs QRP.  There are top contesters in AL
and MN who often runs QRP.

73, Jim K9YC