  From: Matt Zilmer
  To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
  Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:42 AM
  Subject: [Elecraft] MH2 Microphone audio quality

  Considering another K3 for mobile and portable use.  My shack contains
  K3 #24, using a Heil Goldline on the narrow setting.  This combination
  produces very clear and penetrating TX audio.

  K3 mobile use means a handheld mic, which the Goldie is not.   I'm
  considering the MH2 (and other handheld mics) for this mobile/portable
  ECOM application, but have only heard one MH2/K3 on the air, and that
  was without a comparison test (and it was very brief).  I wasn't
  underwhelmed, but didn't get enough to go on for a fair evaluation.

  Most of my operations right now are with Navy-Marine Corps MARS but I
  also work a little SSB on the weekends, and will do more of this when
  the mobile is in place.  Like anyone else, I want it to sound as good
  as the base rig, if possible.

  Doesn't anyone have feedback on the MH2 with the K3?  For example:
  - Clarity of the voice, how narrow banded does it sound without TX EQ?
  - What is the difference between the Goldie on Narrow and the MH2?
  - Any recommended TX EQ settings?
  - Has anyone run comparison spectra, using the K3 with MH2 and some
  other mobile mic(s)?  Would prefer the RX spectrums if available.

  Thanks for ANY feedback!

  73,
  matt W6NIA / NNN0UET
  K3 #24, K2 #2810, etc.