> I have to send my new K3 to the Elecraft Dr.
>
> Since its assembled (100 wt and sub receiver not installed
> yet)and no box, I'm thinking of generous
> amount of bubble wrap box then in another box with peanuts.

Generous bubblewrap in a decently strong box, well taped up, is *probably*
enough by itself Larry, so the extra outer box with peanuts or more
bubblewrap will make sure it's OK, and postal insurance will be sure to be
sure.

Just in case of a disaster in the sorting office that somehow separates
radio from boxes, make sure the radio itself can be traced back to you -
perhaps sellotape your QSL card to the under side?

73
Gary  ZL2iFB

PS  My Elecraft goodies always arrive in ZL immaculately, boxed and wrapped
and presented.