There have been some homebrew GPS standards in the literature for those who
like melting solder. One was in QST back in July '98. A&A engineering is
offering circuit boards and has the original QST article on their site
(http://www.a-aengineering.com/ )

I certainly agree with David that the K3 needs no apologies for its
inherently outstanding frequency stability. The K3EXREF just makes it better
:-)

Ron AC7AC