I'm not picking on Paul, this is just a handy place to reply. I'm going to say
this one more time (the first time was two years ago).

I really don't understand all of the fuss about 1 Hz accuracy when just
changing the K3 Width and Shift controls moves the frequency more than that and
this is band dependent.

On ten-meters I can listen to a crystal-controlled source and hear the beat
note change as Shift and Width are adjusted.

Elecraft considers its frequency conversion scheme to be proprietary but it's
obvious that not all of the oscillators are moving at the same rate.

Wes  N7WS