Geoffrey Wolf AB3LS wrote:

> I noticed that there isn't an Elecraft enthusiast forum. There seems to be
> some
> Elecraft oriented discussion on the QRZ forums. I was wondering if anyone
> had
> set up their own Elecraft discussion forums.
>
> I also wanted to add that I have some relatively free server resources and
> would be happy to start up a non-official Elecraft discussion forum if
> interest
> is shown.
>
> So, if some interest is shown, I would love to host a forum for everyone.

Hi Geoffrey. It was tried two or three years ago. Hosted by Thom K3HRN. I
was one of the moderators. We took the plunge because we thought that
perhaps if people could see what an Elecraft forum could look like, with sub
boards for different products (to address the concerns of K2 people that the
K3 dominated the discussion etc.) they might be converted to the idea. But
they weren't. There was a bit of activity in the early days but it
eventually died and Thom pulled it from his server a few months ago. There
was also a K3 wiki. That died too.

I think the idea is and will always be a non-runner as there is too much
resistance among users, as you have seen from other replies. However you can
participate in the reflector in a forum-like way using Nabble (there is a
link to it on the same Elecraft page that links to the reflector.) That is
how most of us who would have preferred a forum now use it.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html