From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: 31 July 2011 13:36
To: N3XX
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Pileups and the KPA500

I don't see the problem, there is a large boxed indicator on the display
telling you the K3 is in SPLIT.  Just take a quick look at the display
when changing bands.

Of course, I know there are some who would like an automated hand to
slap us on the forehead and say in a loud voice "Dummy, you are in
split".  The implementation of that device is left to the user.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/31/2011 7:43 AM, N3XX wrote:
> Calling on ST0R's freq happened to me a few times.  Every time I would go
> and check another band, then come back to the original band where I had
been
> calling, my split would be gone.  I forgot to reset to split, and then
would
> be calling on the wrong freq.  Found that I had to go into the CONFIG /
SPLT