Yup ... I was wrong again, but the trouble is I can't figure out why.  I
mean, it's easy to verify the cloverleaf pattern with EZNEC and I have
done so, but I know that I have modeled something similar with an
off-center feed in the past and gotten an end-fire pattern.  As soon as
I figure out what that was I'll come back here and try to clear up the
confusion I have caused, but in the meantime let's all just agree that I
don't know what I'm talking about.

sigh ...

73,
Dave   AB7E