I've gotten to the point, that before I say anything about a model, I
actually run it and play with it, to make sure I haven't forgotten
something, or remembered something wrong.

As to that particular antenna a center fed half wave antenna is troublesome.
 The better version of that if one wants that pattern is the extended double
zepp, two 5/8 waves fed in phase, where you are feeding a lower impedance at
the center, and it's a far less cranky antenna. The double zepp maintains
its essential shape fed at 45% whereas the halfwave converts to cloverleaf.

That's ancient knowledge, garnered by experience in the 40's and 50's
without the benefit of software.  These days if you can't look it up for
free on the internet, it's forgotten.

73, Guy.