I'm not sure I see the advantage.  A full wave end fed antenna would
theoretically have the same very high feedpoint impedance, and would
additionally blow most of it's radiated energy at a fairly high angle
off the ends of the antenna instead of broadside at a lower angle.  If
you find it that easy to tune, I suspect that electrically it really
isn't that close to a full wavelength ... possibly because of coupling
to earth (if it is low) or nearby structures.  Either that or there is a
lot of loss in the system somewhere.

73,
Dave   AB7E