All,

After building and installing a new P3 pan adapter on a relatively new K3, I
notice the AGC fast or slow setting would suddenly shut off, accompanied by
a loud, distorted blast of signal audio.  Normal AGC function is
re-established by holding the AGC button, then tapping to select fast or
slow.  That would happen after a random period of time after power up and
sitting on a frequency, (several minutes to an hour).

I did not notice this issue before the P3 was plugged into the rig.  I¹ve
run the K3 over a week, including through the CQP contest and never noticed
this issue before.  Not sure if this is a software glitch or what.  With a
Heil Pro Set on, it is painful since it is unexpected, resulting in my
rapidly and forcibly removing the Heil Pro Set from my head!

At the time, the P3 was also connected to a PC running HRD v5.0.  No
specific commands issued to HRD at the times of the AGC pop-off.  I was not
transmitting at the time it occurred either, (RF not an issue).

I have the P3 right up against the right side of the K3 with only a few mm
separation afforded by the rubber feet on the K3.  I notice the K3 case is
hotter there, as the voltage regulators are attached internally to the case.
Should I allow some space for cooling there?

Any ideas?

73,

Dan Sherwood
WA6PZK