This is a problem not only for HRD but any software in which the AGC
status is polled continuously.  I frequently use CQ/X by NO5W and had
the same problem.  Chuck turned off the AGC polling in CQ/X and the
problem no longer occurs.  Of course, now the AGC status can't be shown
in his remote interface.

I sent Wayne, N6KR, a couple of log files from portmon back in July
showing what was happening but so far I haven't seen any updates on this.

73,  Alan  N5NA