Finally someone who hears what I hear,  Im sure this thread will bring
out the
raving crowd of "mine is just fine".
I have the exact same problem in pile ups, and would sure like to see the
parameters changed to be able to adjust more to move the threshold higher.
There was some attempt to "fix" this some time back but it stopped short of
actually working,  the agc settings came about but they did not go far
enough
in the adjustment ranges.
Also the audio has been a problem for me for the 3 years I have owned
the K3,
it is rough or raspy sounding especially in a pile up situation,
whether its the
audio itself or something generated in the radio that comes out sounding
like
rough audio I do not know.  But compared to my old analog radio it sounds
harsh.  It is very tiring after a contest.   I know all the comments on how
nice every ones sounds,  mine does not, and apparently I am not alone.
And no I am not bashing the K3,  its my radio of choice, I have tried
every setting
and every "trick" suggested in the past 3 years and cannot get a
satisfactory
outcome on audio or AGC pileup management.
Thanks Fred I thought I was the only one.   73 Merv K9FD/KH6