What I find most bothersome about these rants, is that somehow certain of the
owner class seems to think that Elecraft OWES them a solution or an
explanation.  As though "mush" is enough of a description for a DSP wizard to
have an epiphany and write a few lines of code and fix the problem, which is
ill defined and probably difficult to reproduce in the lab.

More telling is that it has been pointed out that turning off AGC eliminates
the effects. I don't know about these guys, but turning off AGC when the issue
is recognized -- since they can clearly recognize it -- sounds like a far more
sane and reasonable solution than blaming their contest scores and apparent
'embarrassment' on 'mush' and trying to get some other radio vendor to fix
whatever problem shows up in THAT radio.

Isn't it reasonable to assume that a 'top contester' should know how to utilize
his equipment beyond turning it on and twisting the dial?  Geez.

Grant/NQ5T

Sent from my iPhone