On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Dick Dievendorff <die...@comcast.net> wrote:
>...it sounds like the communications path from PC to K3
> has become marginal, this is why we're suggesting different computer,
> different USB hub, different cable...The DSP load is a bit more demanding of
> clean
> communciations.

I don't want to be a naysayer, but I think this is a flaw in the
update system. Every day millions of users update phone apps, even
their phone's OS, and their PC or Mac apps and OS, even their Mac
firmware, over a lousy and intermittent connection. If the connection
goes down in the middle, no problem - the error correction takes care
of it. You can turn your machine off right in the middle and it will
recover without error. It couldn't be otherwise; there's no way to
explain to consumer users that the connection has to be solid. I
realize it's more code on both ends, but I think this is something
Elecraft should look at.

73,
Tony KT0NY

--