OK folks, I am really truly sorry I started this
tuner-efficiency-by-measuring-its-heat thread.  I apologize.  It was
sort of an e-nerd joke and I really miscalculated the laugh-factor in
it, it seems there was none, an unfortunate failing for me ... but too
common.  Boltzmann's Constant is in my HP48GX calculator, not that I
actually know or care what to do with it at this point in my life.

It would be hugely difficult to get any sort of accuracy in a
measurement of the heat lost in a tuner to find its efficiency, I never
meant it to be real or even close to reality.

Again, I'm sorry to have been joking around on a serious list.  Won't do
it again.  Please, everyone, use what works, have fun, enjoy the hobby
with the great E-gear.  My KPA500 is heating the room far more than my
MFJ989C.  If you can make QSO's, it works.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org