Why the difference, they are all the same rig why would it change from rig to rig?

Jeremy
KB8LFA

Coote, Jay wrote:

Jeremy and List;
Your KX-1 turned out better than mine.  My 10 MHz band is weak and noisy
on receive plus I had the following transmitter problems:
I had 4 watts/7MHz and 10 MHz,  2.6 watts/14 MHz at 13.8V;   1.4
watts/7MHz and 0.8 watts/14 MHz at 9.0V.
I've tried the changes in R11 and R30 to increase power output, however
this just increases power and does nothing for my 14 MHz power roll-off.
Mine obviously does not meet spec and it is good to have suggestions on
what to try next from Elecraft.  I've heard of people getting 4 watts or
more, nearly flat across all three bands.  That power rise on 14 MHz at
9V does sound odd... I would have guessed it to be around 1 watt.  Is
your power supply at 9V delivering enough current or is there a voltage
drop- possibly preventing a relay from opening/closing and changing the
specs of the RF filters on the PA?... A guess.