WHAT are the changes to R11 and R30???? Everyone is referring to them, but
no-one has said what they are!!

I was reading past posts about the KX1 and stumbled across this post:

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-11/msg01045.html

--------

*To*:   Elecraft@mailman.qth.net <mailto:Elecraft%40mailman.qth.net>
*Subject*:      Re: [Elecraft] KX1 Power Measurements by band
*From*:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:DYARNES%40aol.com>
*Date*:         Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:12:05 EST

Add me to the list of those experiencing low power output. I was getting under 2 watts on 40, and just over 2 watts on 30 and 20. Gary suggested I increase R30 to 27 ohms and decrease R11 to between 3.3 ohms and 5.6 ohms (after first suggesting I check the toroids, etc.). I made the above changes and my power out went to about 2.5 on 40, and just over 3 watts on 30 and 20. I had been behind in monitoring the reflector, and now I see the other comments about low power. I had gathered from my exchanges with Gary that I wasn't the only one with this problem. So, I guess I will dig back in and up the value for R30 a bit more. Thanks to the NorCal resistor kit, I have a nice supply. Then, hopefully, squeezing the turns on L2 will be necessary (it wasn't before obviously). My guess is, though, that I still won't get to the power levels that Ron and Phil are reporting. We'll see.

I am also noticing the lack of audio output that others mentioned, although on 40 it seems pretty good. It's just on 30 and 20 that it seems a little "light". But the RX doesn't seem to miss much sensitivity wise. Pretty darn good RX design I'd say. Everything else seems to be working like a charm!

Dave W7AQK