Hi,

Yes, but the cables are BNC terminated cables connected via adapters from
the looks of it it. Not in my shack either, but that is beside the point.
More questions: How much current on the 11-15V supply? Is the "tune" button
a simple switch to ground? You know what I am getting at. I want to mount
this fellow outdoors in a weather protected shelter and remote it. I have
been doing that successfully with an MFJ auto-tuner for more than 3 upstate
NY winters and it's still going strong. I think my "house" can accommodate
the KAT500 with some rearranging. Assuming that the tuner will switch to
bypass when losing power, all I need is the ability to initiate a tune
cycle. I assume that the tuner can be put in semiautomatic mode (only tunes
on demand) and will remember the mode across power cycle. I am drooling
already. The MFJ tuner performs adequately but has a 200W limit and is
somewhat temperamental when it comes to finding a tuning solution. An Eham
reviewer of it claims that they have wired the 4 LSB bits for the relays
backwards. I find it hard to believe but it often fails to find solutions on
easy to tune antennas (I have 6 behind an MFJ remote switch box).

AB2TC - Knut

Gary Gregory wrote