I had Joel at The RF Connection (therfc.com) order me some BNC panel
connectors with the same bolt pattern as an SO239. This allowed me to
change out the connectors on my K3 and several other pieces of equipment.
It is not an item he normally stocks as far as I know. I gave them the RFI
part number and they ordered me 10-12 of them as I remember. They may have
even have come drop ship from RFI. But RFI wouldn't even acknowledge an
email from me. The RFI part number is
RFB-115-14 if you want them to order some for you.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:24 PM, David Ferrington, M0XDF <
m0...@alphadene.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there an option to replace the SO239s on my K3 with BNCs?
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 25 Apr 2012, at 00:15, Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The 500 volts peak translates to 1250 watts at an SWR = 1.0, but the
> > 1,500 V rms translates into 45 kW (also at SWR = 1.0)  if my calculator
> > is correct.   In ant case, BNC connectors do not have a problem at the
> > 500 watt level unless the SWR is high.
> >
> > On 4/24/2012 6:57 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> >> BNC's can handle kilowatts of RF efficiently at reasonable SWRs. After
> all,
> >> the popular type N is simply a BNC with a screw-on outer shell.
> >>
> >> Decent quality BNCs (e.g. Amphenol) are rated at 500 volts peak with a
> >> dielectric that will handle 1,500 V rms. That's 5 KW into 50 ohms, if my
> >> brain is working correctly, so they should handle the legal limit for US
> >> Hams into any reasonable SWR.
> >>
> >> Ron AC7AC

Jim K0XU
j...@rhodesend.net