Tim,

I use the "ANF" regularly on 75 meters to block heterodynes and have no
issues or distortion and it works extremely well.

I use AGC settings:

Nor decay
.30 HLDA
Nor PLS
004 SLP
007 THR
030 S

I use  2.8 8 pole filter and on occasion a 1.8 8 pole filter.  I have my PRE
amp off and ATT on, generally as the noise floor is around 1-2 S units using
my ~ 350' horizontal loop.  My inverted V Double Bazooka has a slightly
higher noise floor.  Again, I see no issues and am using the latest
firmware.  The notch removes the offending notch, but not the signal itself,
of course.  I also have a P3.  I think the Notch is working very well as
currently designed.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ