You said, "They have gotten so good lately that it is barely
preceptible, but its there, you can see it on a spectrum analyser.
(Google Sabine Adaptive Audio to see a representative device, their
older devices sound quite similar to what you hear in the K3 ANF; the
newer ones are truly magical!)."

Professional musicians are the pickiest sound folks in the world. What
the K3 does would be most unacceptable to them and I can say that, for
sure, I have never heard similar at any professional music venue. The
musicians would strangle the audio tech if it were so.

All professional automatic notch filtering used in the music field is
done at the "what we call the audio level." It is their ONLY level, as
they are not working with IFs etc. Hence, I can only assume that the
audio level automatic notch filtering found in the K3 is not yet up to
par. I say "yet" as that is the advantage of updates. At some point in
the future, the ANF can be brought up to higher standards.

In the interim, there are AGC settings that can be varied - resulting in
more acceptable listening. Specifically, using AGC SLP level at 2 makes
a major improvement to my ears.

--
IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)