Hi Jim   Thanks    good tips but Keep in mind I am using PSK-D  where
I am sending serial data to the K3 and letting it do the modulation.
so there is no audio path from the PC into the K3.       before I had
the K3 using the sound card was my only option  and even now when
using AFSK to the K3  I dont believe I have an issue.  It was just
when I tried to let the K3 handle the modulation that I got this
response  and as others have pointed out it is very possible y that
there is someting at his end.   I was just wondering though if there
was someting I can do to controll the IMD at the K3 when using PSK-D
as opposed to PSK-A

David Moes
VE3DVY