Power is fine at the rig   drops to 13.4V at 25W key down  and 12.6V at
100W

no I do not have a filter on the serial port but RF in the shack is low
and I've never had any other issues with serial during transmit.   and
while sending it had no issues with the text.    he was just commenting
on many bars on the PSK signal.