On 6/17/2012 4:59 PM, Jim Miller wrote:
> What sort of feedline and antennas are folks expecting to use with the KAT500?

I'm very much a fan of resonant antennas, and feed them with both 50 ohm
and 75 ohm coax, whichever is the best match to each antenna.  I have
two fan dipoles for 80M and 40M that happen to have reasonably
acceptable SWR on 30M, 17M, 12M, and 6M.  Both are fed with Belden
8213.  Depending on what you're able to do at your QTH, that's an
antenna worth considering.

At my current QTH I have lots of space, but I didn't on my city lot in
Chicago. Even there I used resonant antennas on all bands but 160M,
where I did what you're doing -- feeding an 80/40 loaded dipole as a top
loaded vertical.  I did the switching in the shack -- the feedline was
75 ohm twinlead (some VERY old Belden stuff called Kilowatt twinlead)
that I terminated on a Pomona (dual banana). One antenna tuner input had
a Pomona wired normally, the other had a Pomona that shorted both sides
of the feedline to the hot conductor.

Like Don says, each of us will do what works for our own antenna farm.

73, Jim K9YC