Jim,

It sounds like you have a bit of space to work with, so let me suggest
my wire antennas that come into the shack on 3 feedlines (could be
reduced to 2 with remote feedline switching).  One antenna is a
broadband 80 meter dipole (actually an inverted Vee) with its center at
48 feet.  That antenna is featured in the ARRL Antenna Book 19th Edition
page 19-16.  At right angles to the 80 meter elements are the 40 meter
elements giving me an 80 and 40 meter antenna that has less than a 2:1
SWR over the bands (OK. I lied a little, SWR goes to 2.3 above 2.9 kHz).
The second dipole is a set of parallel dipoles for 20, 15 and 10
meters.  The 3 wires are separated by one foot using PVC supports for
the separators.  The 3rd antenna is similar, but is a parallel dipole
for 30, 17 and 12 meters.

The net result is that antennas for all bands are 80 through 10 are
resonant, and a 3 way antenna switch is sufficient to access all of them.

If you want to expand to 160 meters and 6 meters, 2 more antennas and
feedlines are required - I would suggest an inverted "L" for 160 and
either a dipole or a beam for 6 meters, but that means 2 more feedlines.

Figuring out your antenna switching system when the number of feedlines
exceeds 3 is a challenge, and there is no one answer - it all depends on
your desires and your aspirations.

I have not addressed beams, but they can be injected into the
feedline/remote antenna relay/ in-shack feedline selection equation.

Personally, I have 3 HF feedlines running into the shack, and 3 VHF/UHF
feedlines.  I have the 160/80/40 BC trapper and a GAP Titan vertical as
well.  While the VHF/UHF system is currently incomplete, I should be
able to do both satellite and terrestrial VHF/UHF as well as HF antenna
selection from the shack when it is done.  I have made several attempts
at automating that selection with the Elecraft KRC2 as well as
extensions and devices of my creation, but have fallen back to manual
selection of the antenna.  In contest stations, quick and easy and
non-ambiguous antenna selection is important, but not so for my station
- I have installed enough indicators to tell me what relay should have
been activated, and if the SWR indicates something other than what is
expected, I know that something along the way has failed - give up that
band  for today and troubleshoot tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in my  in-shack  switching system that allows
the priority one transceiver to taqke one feedline, and a 2nd
transceiver to take a 2nd feedline, leaving the 3rd feedline for a 3rd
transceiver,  I will send the rough sketch schematics  to you - just
ask.  The switches have many poles that make that selection possible and
were salvaged from RS-232 or DB-25 switch boxes.

73,
Don W3FPR