Code requirements are there for a reason and are only put in place
after much thought and discussion.  I would take the GFI out only as
a last resort.  Also RF is not necessarily the problem.  I had one
unit that would trip every time I turned a large 21" CRT monitor on.
Changed brands and all was OK.

Mikes suggestion to try another unit  or brand is sound.  If that
doesn't work then instead of going without GEI I would look at the
station installation and how units are bonded and grounded.  If there
is RF in the shack cure it.  Also make sure the wiring was done
properly.  Eliminating the GFI does not solve the problem, it only
masks the symptom.

David K0LUM