Hi Rich - a very lucid reply, and you apparently understood what I was saying, despite my "RIT" mis-statement.

For some reason, I was operating under the mistaken impression that the sideband used for CW followed the sideband convention for SSB. I went straight to the Cady book, unfortunately - had I referred to page 30 of the regular manual, I would have seen that normal for the K3 in CW is lower sideband on all bands. I wonder if this is generally true of modern transceivers - seems to me as if my TS-930 and Mark 5 - both now gone - switched CW sidebands as I described above.

Again, many thanks.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,