Tom,

In those instances, the details of the debugging were likely taken off-list. I cannot recall those exactly, but I believe they were resolved.

When doing off-list debugging, I leave it up to the indivudual to report back to the list with the resolution. Some do and some do not. If reported to the list, it was likely in a new thread.

I am concerned about the heating of U1, and that is what you should tackle first. Check the voltage at U1 pins 1 and 20. They should be close to 6 volts. Also check the soldering at the U1 socket to be certain you do not have a solder bridge.

73,
Don W3FPR