Tom,

I suggest we get the resistance readings straight before applying power.

Were the resistance readings made with the boards separated? They should have been.

First check Control Board U3 pin 8 (with the board removed). Is 1.009 mean 1.009k or 1.009M? If your DMM is autoranging, you will have to look at the range that was selected to tell the difference. 1k is not good, but 1M is just fine. The ">" symbol means "greater than" and any reading above the listed value is just fine. If the resistance there is 1k, then look carefully for solder bridges. You may have to wick away any excess solder. Solder just sufficient to fill the thru-plated holes is enough. If your solder connections have a convex appearance, that can hide a poorly soldered joint. A small concave solder fillet is OK.

All the resistances on the RF board appear to be OK *if* the range for those readings is kohms.

On the front panel, J1 pins 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 should be resolved before proceeding with anything else. Did you have the control pots all set to mid-range before taking the readings. If the RF gain is not set to mid-range, that can explain the low resistance reading, otherwise, begin looking for solder bridges. I am suspicious of the resistance readings on pins 10, 12, 16, and17. Those are digital signals and you would have no display at all if pin 12 is really grounded. Front panel J1 pin 18 is the 5 volt supply to the front panel board - again, if that resistance is really 25 ohms, you would be drawing a lot of current on the front panel and nothing is likely to work. Please recheck those resistances and please specify the units - ohms, kohms or Mohms.

We can get to the U1 (and Info 080) problem and the last character of the display after the resistances have been resolved. With that many erroneous resistance readings. either there is a problem with your DMM or you have many solder bridges to resolve.

I suggest we take this troubleshooting off reflector. It is getting too long and most builders will not be interested in the specifics of th troubleshooting steps.

73,
Don W3FPR