> That's what baffles me.  The system appears to load the above driver,
> but no audio gets through.  Taking the device and plugging it into a
> WinXP machine - audio gets through.

Have you opened the Sound Control Panel, selected "Recording Devices"
then selected the iMic, opened the Levels tab and made sure it was
not muted?

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 6/13/2013 12:39 AM, Phil Kane wrote:

In setting up my new Win7 computer I find that my iMic USB soundcard
device is not compatible.

Huh?  iMic should be supported as USB Audio CODEC (the standard USB
Audio Class Device).

That's what baffles me.  The system appears to load the above driver,
but no audio gets through.  Taking the device and plugging it into a
WinXP machine - audio gets through.  The manufacturer's site says that
the device is not compatible with Vista so I suspect that it is not
compatible with Win7 'as is".

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest