  From: Don Wilhelm
  To: makid...@gmail.com
  Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
  Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 3:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [Elecraft] CAIG DEOXIT or Servisol Super 10

  Jim,

  I have used several cleaning/lubricating compounds on electrical
  contacts with success over the years.  The easiest is to use a light
  coating of any light lubricant ( similar to 3 in 1 oil) on the male
  pins.  The insertion and removal of the contact surfaces in the presence
  of the lubricant will wipe away corrosion at the mating points, and the
  residual lubricant helps to discourage further oxidation.

  I know I may take some flak from those who are hesitant to use anything
  other than compounds recommended for electronics, but I have never
  experienced any difficulties.  Just apply the lubricant sparingly and
  mate then disconnect the pins a few times for best results.

  73,
  Don W3FPR

  On 6/17/2013 2:31 PM, makid...@gmail.com wrote:
  >   Hi All
  >

  > Elecraft Tech have advised to try cleaning the contacts in my K3 with Caig
Deoxit, problem is here in the UK it’s really really expensive, like it should
some in a solid gold tin!!!

  > So my question is will Servisol Super 10 be a good substitute for Caig
Deoxit, I know servisol has been used in service rooms for many many years for
removing tarnish and lubricating contacts

  > Whats your thoughts?
  >

  > Looks like i’m in for a K3 strip, clean contacts and rebuild, shame these
contacts are such a weak point on such a great transceiver!!!