From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill K9YEQ
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 4:03 PM
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] CAIG DEOXIT or Servisol Super 10

Don,

Nice suggestion. I have worked on lots of corroded stuff over the years for
outdoor, very nasty weather situations.  I like your solution.  I have used
DeoxIT in the small brush bottle with fabulous success. The connectors appear
very clear once applied, but there is no content listed on the package as to
what chemistry is used to actually remove the oxide.  There are lots of
chemicals that work, but nothing like adding a little inhibitor (oil) and scrub
the connector by reseating it few times.  I will continue to use DeoxIT until I
find out its actual content, thinking it actually does something, plus, for the
uses I have, it is relatively cheap in my shop.     I sure would like to know
what is the 100% concentrate on the package.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ