The OP was asking about substitutes for Deoxit that less expensive and more
readily available in the UK. Following a mild outbreak of intermittent-contact
errors on my own quite early K3, someone recommended Contralube 770 (available
from Maplin, code N73HL). Contralube is a clear gel which comes in a plastic
tube with a convenient long-reach nozzle, and is widely used as a corrosion
protector for outdoor electrical terminals.

I applied a <very small> quantity of Contralube 770 to the male connector pins
only, by first smearing it thinly along the edge of a QSL card and then wiping
the card onto each row of pins from two sides. This ensures an even, thin
distribution. (The final amount is much too thin to see on the pin, but I just
noticed on the data sheet that Contralube 770 contains a UV-fluorescent dye, so
that would be a good way to check for even coverage.)

Take very careful ESD precautions when doing this job, because many connector
pins are connected directly to ESD-sensitive parts.

The whole job took about an hour, and all I can say is... the K3 hasn't failed
again. It's impossible to know how much of that benefit has been due to the
Contralube, and how much was due to the self-cleaning effects of disassembly
and reassembly; but the Contralube has certainly done no harm.

(Meanwhile, in a much more challenging application, larger quantities of
Contralube have been doing a very good job of protecting the screw terminal
strip for the SteppIR. Despite heavy moisture, there is no sign of
intermetallic corrosion.)

73 from Ian GM3SEK